M&A Managing Partners Germany
Marktlink is looking for M&A Managing Partners to open new offices in Stuttgart, Dresden, Hamburg and Munich. Marktlink is an international M&A organization and market leader in the mid-market in Western Europe. Marktlink has the ambition to gain a market leading position in Europe within a few years.
With a team of 120 employees, 7 offices in The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium we focus on transactions with a deal value of between €2.5 and €300 million. In 2019, Marktlink advised on 80 transactions with a total value of almost €1 billion. Marktlink is growing rapidly, in 2020 we advised on 100 transactions.
Marktlink has the ambition to grow to 275 employees internationally within 3-5 years, with additional offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Scandinavia and the United Kingdom. The Marktlink Dusseldorf office is flourishing and ready to conquer Germany with additional offices in Stuttgart, Dresden, Hamburg and Munich. Marktlink distinguishes itself in the M&A market for its energetic, no-nonsense and above all entrepreneurial approach; the Marktlink DNA is getting deals done! Are you interested in helping Marktlink to expand internationally?
What makes this opportunity interesting?
- An unique journey into entrepreneurship. The opportunity to launch and run a dynamic M&A business within a well secured environment. Combined with a firmly positioned business with an international track record and network;
- We offer an up to date internal database with plenty of leads for the German market and a large existing network of European clients who also want to become active in Germany. Furthermore we are part of the international M&A network (GGI/GCG);
- We have been here before. We know the market for 25 years, we have proven succes and an impressive track record;
- Solid support:
- We are in this together! You will receive direct support from dealteams in Germany and the Netherlands, and will be supported by our backoffice teams (finance, marketing, IT, HR and recruitment);
- We offer a blueprint in setting and scaling up new successful offices;
- We know the importance of networking and lead generation. Therefore a substantial marketing budget will be made available from the start;
- You will become shareholder in the German office with a market-rate management fee. After a few years, an opportunity will be offered to convert shares into Marktlink Holding shares.
- Develop, launch and run a dynamic M&A business from scratch;
- Acquire and complete M&A transactions (buy and sell side) in the mid-market of Germany;
- Draw up and implement an ambitious business plans for the German market in cooperation with the other Marktlink partners and colleagues;
- Devise and carry out commercial and marketing activities to put Marktlink on the map in Germany;
- Put together a close and winning team, initially of three to four team members, and in the mid to long term growing to at least 25 team members;
- Develop New Business:
- proactive prospecting with existing clients in other countries, who want to develop activities in Germany;
- proactive prospecting with potential clients in Germany;
- proactive prospecting with German clients intending to make acquisitions in other countries in which Marktlink is active;
- Realise ambitious, yet achievable revenue targets;
- Participate in internal projects and initiatives aimed to develop Marktlink as a whole.
- An active business network with trusted relationships and demonstrable successes in dealmaking and acquiring new meaningful M&A engagements business in Germany;
- Native-level German and professional-level English language skills are essential;
- At least 10 years’ experience in Corporate Finance Advisory ( big 4, M&A boutique, corporate finance firm or investment bank);
- Strong focus on high-quality service provision;
- Technically strong, generating trust through expertise;
- Outgoing personality, strong communicator, commercially energetic, driven ‘entrepreneur’;
- An excellent CV in terms of professional qualifications and career path;
- High IQ and EQ; analytically sharp, numerically excellent and strong strategic insight.