M&A Managing Partner United Kingdom
Marktlink is looking for a Managing Partner to open a new office in the United Kingdom. Marktlink is an international M&A organization and market leader in the mid-market in Western Europe. Marktlink has the ambition to gain a market leading position in Europe within a few years.
With a team of 120 employees, 7 offices in The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium we focus on transactions with a deal value of between €2.5 and €300 million. In 2019, Marktlink advised on 80 transactions with a total value of almost €1 billion. Marktlink is growing rapidly, in 2020 we advised on 100 transactions.
Marktlink has the ambition to grow to 275 employees internationally within 3-5 years, with additional offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Scandinavia and the United Kingdom. The Marktlink distinguishes itself in the M&A market for its energetic, no-nonsense and above all entrepreneurial approach; the Marktlink DNA is getting deals done! Are you interested in helping Marktlink to expand internationally?
What makes this opportunity interesting?
- It's an extraordinary combination of the ‘Best of both worlds’:
- A unique journey into entrepreneurship. The opportunity to launch and run a dynamic M&A business within a well secured environment;
- A firmly positioned business with a international track record and network;
- We have been here before. We know the market for 25 years, we have proven success and an impressive track record;
- Solid support:
- We are in this together! You will receive direct support from deal teams in the Netherlands, and will be supported by our Backoffice teams (finance, marketing, IT, HR and recruitment);
- We offer a blueprint in setting and scaling up new successful offices;
- We know the importance of networking and lead generation. Therefore a substantial marketing budget will be made available from the start;
- Develop, launch and run a dynamic M&A business from scratch;
- Acquire and complete M&A transactions in the mid-market of the United Kingdom;
- Draw up and implement an ambitious business plan for the English market in cooperation with the other Marktlink partners and colleagues;
- Devise and carry out commercial and marketing activities to put Marktlink on the map in the United Kingdom;
- Put together a close and winning team, initially of three to four team members, and in the mid to long term growing to at least 25 team members;
- New Business Development:
- proactive prospecting existing clients in other countries, who want to develop activities in the UK
- proactive prospecting potential clients in the United Kingdom
- proactive prospecting British clients intending to make acquisitions in other countries in which Marktlink is active;
- Realise achievable, but ambitious revenue targets with quality results;
- Participate in internal projects and initiatives aimed to develop Marktlink as a whole.
- Demonstrable successes in dealmaking in the British mid-market and acquiring new Corporate Finance business in the UK;
- An active business network with trusted relationships;
- Excellent English language skills, written and spoken;
- At least 10 years’ experience within Corporate Finance Advisory ( f.e. at a big 4 consultancy organization, bank, corporate finance firm or investment bank);
- Strong focus on high-quality service provision and assignment performance;
- Technically strong, generating trust through expertise;
- Outgoing personality, strong communicator, commercially energetic, driven ‘entrepreneur’;
- An excellent CV in terms of professional qualifications and career path;
- High IQ and EQ; analytically sharp, numerically excellent and strong strategic insight.